Software Engineer - Platform Optimisation
Forky is a venture backed, fast growing food-tech company.
By leveraging technology, Forky aims to be the go-to brand for your daily food, offering healthy and delicious dishes in the most convenient way!
We believe that high quality meals should be available to everyone and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make people happy through food.
What you'll doWe are looking for a world-class Software Engineer with a passion for solving interesting problems. As a leading member of our team you will own your goals and have a chance to make a direct impact to the business.
Forky is revolutionizing food delivery based on a sophisticated routing algorithm that powers our novel logistics model. You will lead the development of features that optimize the platform, products, and algorithms of the business. You will be working on: routes optimization, dispatching, inventory management, internal monitoring tools, customer experience and more.
Among others, your role would include:
- Solving optimization problems, making all decisions based on real time or past data
- Identifying opportunities for improving core system modules
- Applying research methodologies to tackle abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision
- Building new features for both our customers and our operations teams
- Helping shape Forky's technical direction - we are an agile company, and all our members have meaningful impact on the company's direction.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Experience in combinatorial and continuous optimisation problems and heuristic / meta-heuristic algorithms
- 2+ years of programming experience in PHP, Python, Ruby or similar
- Experience with at least one object oriented web framework (preferably but not necessarily Symfony, Silex or Laravel)
- Good working knowledge of at least one version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial etc.)
Nice to have:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Understanding of software development management methods (especially Agile development) and quality assurance processes.
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand requirements beyond the written word and design flexible and simple solutions
- Server administration and general DevOps skills
- Experience working in startups
- Extremely competitive salary based on experience
- Generous stock option plan based on experience
- Ownership of goals and a direct impact to the business
- Help guide the future steps of one of the most promising companies disrupting the food delivery market
- A fun and friendly working environment with sharp and motivated co-workers
- Hardware equipment of your choice
- Delicious forky meals everyday